Vice President, Human Resources
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco.
The company is developing novel biologics that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel T cell engagers initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian, pancreatic cancers and mesothelioma. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-expressing tumors. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor microenvironment. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
The Vice President, Human Resources will report directly to the CFO, and will be a leader, internal consultant, resource and authority on all employee matters. The ideal candidate will think broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results. You will be responsible for supporting all Human Resource-related planning, compliance, execution and strategic efforts.
- Works with the CFO and executive team to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the company and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from employees.
- Works directly with the Board on topics such as organizational development matters, employee relations, retention strategies, compensation matters and industry best practices.
- Directs the planning, development, implementation, and administration of the following human resources programs: employment, compensation and payroll, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, compliance, organizational development, human resource information system management, and training.
- Develops and drives company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, compensation benchmarking, stock option grants renewal, workforce planning, and organizational change).
- Responsible for developing company-wide policies and ensuring compliance with various Federal and State labor laws, including ensuring employee handbook is up to date. Responsible for distribution and maintenance of such policies.
- Key liaison with outside counsel on employment and other HR matters.
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Preparation of materials for the Compensation committee, as well as the full Board.
- Supports recruiting efforts, working closely with in-house recruiting as well as external recruiting groups. Supportive activities may include creating job descriptions, sourcing candidates, engaging recruiters, filtering resumes, initial interviews.
- Maintains all HR employee files and leads onboarding and offboarding process for employees.
- Responsible for data inputs, review and maintenance of TriNet.
- Responsible for processing payroll.
- Responds to employee relations issues, such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, etc. Conducts employee relations counseling, investigations, performance plans and terminations.
- Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts and employee training, working with employees and managers to address root causes of various issues.
- Supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation functions.
- Conducts annual salary surveys and recommends merit pool (salary budget) and analyzes compensation for external and internal competitiveness
- Manages performance evaluation and employee engagement programs, including training programs
- Prepares and maintains reports including headcount, census, organizational charts and other reports as requested.
- Manages benefits renewal process, including evaluation of alternatives, management of vendors, presentation to management and employees.
- Works with legal counsel as needed on immigration matters
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will require:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in interaction with management and Board.
- Public company experience
- HR experience in biotech industry
- Well versed in compensation practices and structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, practices, and current employment laws.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with sound business objectives
Please email your CV to email@example.com. A cover letter is welcomed but not required.