Scientist/Senior Scientist, Translational Medicine (Clinical Biomarkers)
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, proprietary bispecific T cell-engaging biologic drug candidates for the treatment of various cancers. Harpoon’s lead candidate, HPN424, is in clinical development for prostate cancer, with a second candidate, HPN536, in clinical testing for mesothelin-overexpressing tumors, such as lung, pancreatic and ovarian cancers. Two additional programs are projected to enter clinical development by the end of 2020. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team and has raised more than $200 million from leading life science investors.
The Translational Medicine group at Harpoon is looking for a highly motivated scientist to support the development, execution, and data analysis of exploratory pharmacodynamic (PD) endpoint and biomarkers as well as potential companion diagnostic strategies for multiple clinical development programs.
- Contribute to strategic development of PD/Biomarker plan as part of clinical study designs
- Analyze clinical sample data from PD endpoint and biomarker assays
- Summarize and interpret PD/Biomarker data as part of assessment of mechanism of action, pharmacodynamic response, efficacy and safety of investigational drugs in ongoing clinical trials
- Support qualification, validation and implementation of bioanalytical and biomarker assays to be implemented in clinical trials.
- Communicate and present high-quality PD/biomarker data and key learnings to cross-functional project teams and other stakeholders internally and externally.
- Contribute to scientific presentations and publications targeted to the scientific and biotech community
- May serve as the single point of contact representing Translational Medicine in cross-functional project teams
- Potential to lead the PD/Biomarker efforts including strategy development, execution, and data analysis/reporting for clinical programs, and support the development of companion diagnostics if applicable
Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D or equivalent, in the field of immunology/hematology, cell and molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, or related; post-doctoral or industrial experience in immune-oncology highly desirable (title commensurate with experience)
- Individuals with MS degree and ≥ 5 years of relevant industrial experience welcome to apply
- Working experience with flow cytometry a must; knowledge and experience with various bioanalytical assays (e.g. immunohistochemistry, ligand binding assays, DNA/RNA sequencing), proteomic/genomic profiling, and data analysis tools/databases highly desirable
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to establish priorities, operate with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, fast-paced, timeline-driven environment