Scientist, Protein Expression
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, proprietary bispecific T cell engaging biologics for the treatment of various cancers. Harpoon’s first product, HPN424, is in clinical development for prostate cancer, and our second product HPN536 is in clinical testing for mesothelin over-expressing tumors, such as lung, pancreatic and ovarian cancers. Harpoon has two additional products in preclinical development and continues to build its pipeline and technology platforms. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team and has raised more than $200 million from leading life science investors. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, with expertise in tumor immunology and clinical research.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can lead efforts to express research molecules. As an integral member of the Protein Science group, this individual will partner with the Biology, New Technologies, and Product Development groups to develop our proprietary platforms, select leads and characterize our clinical candidates. The successful candidate will be lab based and primarily engaged in transient transfections, stable cell pool development and characterization from high throughput to multi-liter scale. The ideal candidate will manage a small group with diverse functions, title comensurate with experience.
- Design, execute and evaluate protein expression experiments for screening, manufacturability assessment, process development and preclinical research
- Manage inventories, working cell stocks and protein production workflow and supplies
- Profile cell growth, health, monitor metabolites and determine production titers
- Evaluate alternative protein expression technologies
- Maintain records, prepare reports, make presentations to update senior leadership
- Manage a laboratory-based team
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive training in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related fields
- PhD with 1-3 years’, MS with 5-10 years’ or BS with 10-15 years’ relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in mammalian cell culture, including transient transfection, stable cell pool and clone generation, banking, scale up protein production and harvest/clarification.
- Prior experience with bioreactors and Bio-layer interferometry desired
- Ability to work independently, design, execute, interpret and troubleshoot experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills