Research Associate, Cell Biology
South San Francisco, CA
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-associated tumors. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian and pancreatic cancers. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor. The company’s third proprietary technology platform, extended release TriTAC-XR, is designed to mitigate cytokine release syndrome. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
The Research Biology group at Harpoon Therapeutics seeks a Research Associate to join our team, supporting both preclinical and clinical program progression. Applicants should be capable of working flexibly and expeditiously in a collaborative, innovative and inspiring environment.
- Contribute data necessary for filing Investigational New Drug Applications with the FDA
- Perform in vitro and cell-based assays
- Run flow cytometry experiments
- Culture and maintain cell lines
- Develop, troubleshoot, and optimize new assays
- Analyze data and communicate results to team members
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Proven ability to learn and adapt in an evolving work environment
- Effective communication skills, with a flexible and adaptive mentality and work style.
- Prior experience culturing cell lines, performing cell based assays, and/or running biochemical assays.
- Experience analyzing data and calculating EC50 values using Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism or similar software packages