Research Associate, Biology
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-associated tumors. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian and pancreatic cancers. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor. The company’s third proprietary technology platform, extended release TriTAC-XR, is designed to mitigate cytokine release syndrome. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the New Technologies group at Harpoon. Our growing team is focused on the development of novel, conditionally active biologic prodrugs. These prodrugs are designed to be preferentially active in the tumor, and thus enable the safe targeting of previously intractable therapeutic targets. The successful candidate will be expected to design and execute experiments to help develop new biologic prodrug candidates, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the underlying scientific rationale.
- Develop, optimize, and execute assays required to support Harpoon’s drug discovery efforts
- Collect, analyze, and present experimental data at team meetings
- Maintain clear and complete experimental records with an electronic lab notebook
- Support project needs as they arise
- BS or MS in biology or a related discipline with 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Proficiency with standard laboratory techniques including cell culture, ELISA, SDS-PAGE
- Experience in assay and bioanalytical development
- Experience performing multi-color flow cytometry experiments and analyzing data in FlowJo
- Experience with data analysis using GraphPad Prism, Excel, or similar programs
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a diverse team of coworkers
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, data analysis, and problem-solving skills