Research Associate, Biology
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of novel T cell engaging biologics for the treatment of various cancers based on proprietary technology platforms. Harpoon’s first product, HPN424, is in clinical development for prostate cancer. Our second product HPN536 is in clinical testing for mesothelin over-expressing tumors, such as lung, pancreatic and ovarian cancers, while our third product HPN217 is in clinical testing for multiple myeloma. Harpoon has additional product candidates in preclinical development and continues to build its pipeline and technology platforms. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team and has raised more than $200 million from leading life science investors. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, with expertise in tumor immunology and clinical research.
The Research Biology group at Harpoon Therapeutics seeks a Research Associate to join our team. Responsibilities include testing of samples in support of both preclinical development and clinical programs, assay development and optimization, and collection of data in support of regulatory filings. Applicants should be capable of working flexibly and expeditiously in a collaborative, innovative and inspiring environment. The ideal candidate will have experience with mammalian cell culture, stable cell line generation, luciferase assays, flow cytometry, and bioassay automation. Good communication skills, good planning, and an ability to meet deadlines are essential.
- Following SOPs to set up and run bioassays for screening and potency measurements
- Culture of mammalian cell lines (adherent and non-adherent) and primary immune cells
- Characterization and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays
- Operate a variety of instruments including but not limited to liquid handlers, flow cytometers, and plate readers, etc.
- Being capable of planning out a work schedule yet remaining flexible to changing priorities
- Maintenance of records concerning experimental planning, data, and analysis in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Presentation and discussion of data generated
- BS or MS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Strong skills in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Experience with cell based and biochemical assays
- Flow cytometry or fluorescent microscopy experience
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, data analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain detailed experimental documentation
- Robotics and liquid handling device experience a plus