Manager/Assoc. Director, Talent Acquisition
Harpoon Therapeutics (ticker: HARP) is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
The Manager/Assoc. Director, Talent Acquisition, reporting to the VP, Finance and Administration, is an exciting opportunity for a recruiting leader who thrives in a high growth environment. As the Manager/A.D. of Talent Acquisition, you will assist with designing the strategy to help us build a diverse and talented workforce. You will manage, improve, and redefine the processes that identify and engage talent, leaders, and creative business thinkers everyone is pursuing in the market.
You will be responsible for implementing strategies and thinking creatively to develop innovative ideas for staying at the forefront of our talent attraction efforts.
- Ownership of all recruitment related strategies and activities
- Work closely with hiring managers across the organization to define recruitment needs, plan the hiring process and provide staffing support to each functional area.
- Successful use and implementation of all available talent databases and applicant tracking systems.
- Direction of a team of external recruiters (out-sourced and/or third party staffing firms) as needed.
- Direct and personal involvement in all recruitment and hiring activities. This is a hands-on role (writing job descriptions, posting jobs, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews as needed, coordinating feedback, reference checks, running background checks, negotiating offers and closing the candidates).
- Responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process. This entails sourcing and screening candidates, coordinating the interview process, following up with hiring managers to ensure process is timely, and facilitating offers and employment negotiations, all while ensuring candidates have a pleasant experience.
- Sourcing (networking, cold calling, internet searches, etc.) for candidates.
- Work with senior leadership and department heads to deliver strategic plans, staffing projections, job descriptions, etc.
- Enhanced development of a talent database for all positions, managing all sources for recruitment (trade organizations, schools, job boards, direct sourcing, etc.).
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and regulations
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices
Ideal Candidate Possess:
- 5+ years management of full-cycle recruiting activities in life sciences industry
- 7-10 years of direct recruiting experience in house, including in small biotech companies
- Strong leadership and proven track record of accomplishment, managing and leading a team of recruiting professionals.
- Significant experience with applicant tracking systems, as well as understanding of all available tools.
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Deep understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Must have an absolute commitment to EEO and Diversity
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Personal attributes for success include high sense of urgency, organized, collaborative, flexible, adaptable, creative, strategic, entrepreneurial, problem solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred