Associate Scientist/Sr. Research Associate, Protein Expression and Characterization
South San Francisco, CA
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-associated tumors. ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor. The company’s third proprietary technology platform, extended release TriTAC-XR, is designed to mitigate cytokine release syndrome. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys detail-oriented technical work, can manage diverse responsibilities in the lab, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. As an integral member of the Protein Science group within the CMC organization, this individual will work closely with other team members and partner with Research and Translational Medicine to develop our platforms and pipeline. The ideal candidate will have strong technical aptitude for lab and instrumentation work, and a flexible problem-solving mindset.
- Characterization of binder/target interactions through kinetic and binning experiments on SPR and BLI based instruments
- Stable and transient transfection and production of mammalian cell lines
- Cryopreservation of cell lines and clarification of production medium
- Production of proteins for Research and pre-clinical activities, protein quantification, SDS-PAGE, and Western blot analyses
- Materials management and inventory maintenance
- Maintenance of electronic lab notebook and databases, preparation of reports, and regular presentations to summarize results and update management
Skills and Qualifications
- SRA: Bachelors 4-9 years / Masters 3-7 years of relevant experience in industry or academic lab
- Associate Scientist: Bachelors 10+ years / Masters 8+ years of relevant experience in industry or academic lab
- 2+ years of experience with label-free biophysical characterization using technologies such as SPR or BLI, using Biacore, Fortebio, or similar instrumentation
- Proficiency in aseptic technique, cell line maintenance, and host cell transfection
- Experience with single or multi-use bioreactors a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for detail-oriented work and following precise SOPs
- Capacity for learning new techniques and handling diverse tasks concurrently
- Ability to collaborate, accommodate, and communicate well with colleagues
- Ability to work independently or with limited direct supervision
- The ideal candidate will be meticulous, highly organized, pay great attention to detail, deliver consistent results, and work under aggressive timelines
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is welcomed but not required.