Associate Director, Protein Science
Harpoon Therapeutics (ticker: HARP) is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian and pancreatic cancers. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for cancers expressing DLL3, initially focused on small cell lung cancer and other tumors with high-grade neuroendocrine features. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can lead efforts to generate and characterize protein molecules to build and support our pipeline. As an integral member of the Protein Science group, this individual will partner with the Biology, New Technologies, Product Development and Translational Medicine groups to develop our proprietary platforms, select leads and characterize clinical candidates.
- Manage weekly cross functional workflow meetings to execute on goals and fulfill needs
- Lead a laboratory-based team focused on upstream processes
- Facilitate transfer of critical reagents and methods to internal and external partners
- Co-author or review certificates of analysis, protocols and process development reports
- Make presentations to update senior leadership, project and product development teams
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD with 7 or more years’ relevant experience in the biotechnology industry
- Extensive training in mammalian cell transfection, cell line development, and upstream process development preferred; other disciplines may be considered
- Proficiency in biolayer interferometry-based protein titer and binding kinetics desired
- Ability to design, interpret, and troubleshoot others experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Prior project management experience valuable, supervisory experience desired