Manager/Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting
We are a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using our proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct, or TriTAC, platform, we are developing a pipeline of novel T cell engagers, or TriTACs, initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. Since commencing operations in 2015, we have created four TriTAC product candidates, and we expect to have four TriTACs in clinical development by the end of 2020. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and clinical research.
We are seeking a finance/accounting professional to add to our growing team. We are a young growing company, looking for a team member that can support a wide array of key accounting and finance activities. This candidate will be responsible for all SEC filings, and can effectively execute under the rigors of SEC deadlines. In addition, this person will be responsible for key aspects of our operational/technical accounting needs. Strong candidates will have biotech experience, are eager to grow and learn, and will consistently achieve company, departmental and individual objectives. A candidate’s ability to work with other finance and R&D department members, as well as Executives, is critical.
External Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and file all SEC documents (e.g., Form 10K, 10Q, 3&4, 8-K, Proxy, Press Releases, XBRL)
- Liaison with auditors and counsel on financial reporting tie-out and questions
- Prepare certain month-end accruals and other accounting entries, such as clinical trial and manufacturing accruals, stock-compensation, ESPP, revenue recognition.
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure timely and accurate month-end/quarter-end accruals.
- Prepare materials for Executive Team, Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Support budgeting and forecasting process
Manage Technical Accounting:
- Identify and manage other technical topics, including revenue recognition, lease accounting, stock-compensation
- Manage third-party stock administrator (potentially take in-house)
Other accounting, compliance and reporting projects as assigned; for example:
- SOX assessment and compliance path
- Identifying and implementing an external reporting platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Finance or related field
- Active CPA
- Minimum 5+ years experience in auditing/accounting/finance role
- Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Outstanding ability to succinctly communicate complex information (written and verbal) across departments
- Understanding of functional area roles, responsibilities and interdependencies
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite tools and general ledger (e.g., NetSuite)