Scientist, Protein Analytics and Formulation Development
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. The company is developing novel biologics that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel T cell engagers initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian, pancreatic cancers and mesothelioma. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-expressing tumors. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor microenvironment. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can lead effort toward protein formulation, analytical method development and stability assessment. As an integral member of Protein Science and Harpoon’s CMC organization, this individual will partner with Research and Translational Medicine groups to develop our proprietary platforms, select leads, improve processes, and characterize clinical candidates.
- Lead internal analytical method and formulation development for novel biologics
- Develop stability indicating methods for diverse Research and therapeutic molecules
- Execute stability experiments to support manufacturability assessment and candidate selection
- Perform DOE formulation screening, forced degradation, and accelerated stress studies to identify and optimize drug substance and drug product storage and clinical use formulations
- Manage transfer of product specific stability indicating methods to CDMOs or CROs
- Maintain records, prepare reports and protocols, contribute to regulatory filings
- Make presentations to update senior leadership, project and product development teams
- Manage a laboratory-based team
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD with 1-3 years or MS with 7-10 years relevant experience, biotechnology industry preferred
- Extensive training in protein chemistry, separations, and biophysical analysis
- Demonstrated aptitude in spectrophotometry, chromatography, electrophoresis, fluorescence, light scattering, and particulate analysis of proteins
- Ability to design, execute, interpret and troubleshoot experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Please email your CV to email@example.com. A cover letter is welcomed but not required.