Res. Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Protein Expression and Characterization
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. The company is developing novel biologics that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel T cell engagers initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN424 targets PSMA and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian, pancreatic cancers and mesothelioma. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-expressing tumors. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor microenvironment. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys detail-oriented technical work, can manage diverse responsibilities in the lab, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. As an integral member of our functional group, this individual will work closely with other team members within Protein Science and partner with other functional areas in the organization including Biology, New Technologies and Translational Medicine. The ideal candidate will have strong technical aptitude for lab and instrument work, and a problem-solving mindset that is diligent and flexible. Our Research organization is comprised of a diverse group of scientists with a wide range of experience and backgrounds.
- Stable and transient transfections of mammalian cell lines
- Cryopreservation of cell lines and clarification of production medium
- Upstream process development
- Production of proteins for Research and pre-clinical activities, Protein quantification, SDS-PAGE, and Western blot analyses
- Characterization of binder/target interactions through kinetic and binning experiments. Materials management and inventory maintenance
- Maintenance of electronic lab notebook and databases, preparation of reports, and regular presentations to summarize results and update management
- The ideal candidate will be meticulous, highly organized, pay great attention to detail, deliver consistent results, and work under aggressive timelines
Skills and QUALIFICATIONS
- Training in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related fields
- Bachelors + 2-5 years / Masters + 1-3 years of relevant experience in industry or academic lab
- Proficiency in aseptic technique, cell line maintenance, and host cell transfection
- Experience with single or multi-use bioreactors desired
- Familiarity with upstream process development advantageous
- Experience with label-free biophysical characterization using technologies such as SPR or BLI, using Biacore, Fortebio, or similar instrumentation valuable
- Demonstrated aptitude for detail-oriented work and following precise SOPs
- Capacity for learning new techniques and handling diverse tasks concurrently
- Ability to collaborate, accommodate, and communicate well with colleagues
- Ability to work independently or with limited direct supervision
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is welcomed but not required.