Research Associate, Translational Medicine
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, CA. We are focused on the development of novel immune cell engaging therapeutics for oncology indications.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Translational Medicine group to execute preclinical studies and provide in vivo proof-of-biology data on Harpoon’s drug candidates. This position is laboratory based with the successful candidate collaborating across groups to plan, execute and analyze in vivo studies.
- Design, execute and analyze in vitro and in vivo tumor model experiments
- Implant tumors, dose mice and analyze the outcome of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies
- Perform relevant in vitro experiments to support the advancement of candidates in vivo
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and make regular presentations to summarize results
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS or MS with 2+ years’ laboratory experience in cancer biology, biochemistry, immunology or related field
- Direct hands on experience with in vivo animal studies, including animal handling, tumor and immune cell implantation, performing routine injections (sc, ip, iv), preparing test compounds, blood and tissue collection is highly desirable
- Experience maintaining cell lines in tissue culture
- Experience in flow cytometry is a major plus
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule which may include occasional weekend responsibilities
- Motivated, flexible, highly-productive individual with strong desire to learn new techniques
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills