Research Associate, New Technologies (Assay Development)
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, proprietary bispecific T cell-engaging biologic drug candidates for the treatment of various cancers. Harpoon’s lead candidate, HPN424, is in clinical development for prostate cancer, with a second candidate, HPN536, in clinical testing for mesothelin-overexpressing tumors, such as lung, pancreatic and ovarian cancers. Two additional programs are projected to enter clinical development by the end of 2020. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team and has raised more than $200 million from leading life science investors.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the New Technologies group at Harpoon. Our growing team is focused on the development of novel, conditionally active biologic prodrugs. These prodrugs are designed to be preferentially active in the tumor, and thus, enable the safe targeting of previously intractable therapeutic targets. The successful candidate will be expected to design and execute experiments to help develop new biologic prodrug candidates, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the underlying scientific rationale.
- Develop and optimize assays required to support Harpoon’s drug discovery efforts
- Collect, analyze, and present experimental data regularly at team meetings
- Maintain clear and complete experimental records with an electronic lab notebook
- Support project needs as they arise
- BS or MS in biology or a related discipline with 1+ year of laboratory experience
- Proficiency with standard laboratory techniques including tissue culture, ELISA, Western blotting
- Experience in assay and bioanalytical development
- Knowledge and experience in cancer immunology is a plus
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, data analysis, and problem-solving skills