Director, Human Resources
Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of novel, proprietary bispecific T cell engaging biologic drug candidates for the treatment of various cancers.
The Director, Human Resources will report directly to the VP, Finance & Administration, and will be responsible for supporting all Human Resource-related planning, compliance, execution and strategic efforts.
- Directs the planning, development, implementation, and administration of the following human resources programs: employment, compensation and payroll, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, compliance, organizational development, human resource information system management, and training.
- Develops and drives company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, compensation benchmarking, stock option grants renewal, workforce planning, and organizational change).
- Responsible for developing company-wide policies and ensuring compliance with various Federal and State labor laws, including ensuring employee handbook is up to date. Responsible for distribution and maintenance of such policies.
- Key liaison with outside counsel on employment and other HR matters.
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Preparation and presentation of materials for the Compensation committee, as well as the full Board.
- Supports recruiting efforts, working with in-house Recruiting Consultant.
- Maintains all HR employee files and leads onboarding and offboarding process for employees.
- Responsible for data inputs, review and maintenance of TriNet.
- Responsible for managing payroll.
- Responds to employee relations issues, such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, etc. Conducts employee relations counseling, investigations, performance plans and terminations.
- Facilitates organization and leadership development efforts, working with employees and managers to address root causes of various issues.
- Supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation functions.
- Conducts annual salary surveys and recommends merit pool (salary budget) and analyzes compensation for external and internal competitiveness
- Manages performance evaluation and employee engagement programs, including training programs
- Prepares and maintains reports including headcount, census, organizational charts and other reports as requested.
- Manages benefits renewal process, including evaluation of alternatives, management of vendors, presentation to management and employees.
- Works with legal counsel as needed on immigration matters
Education/Experience: THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL REQUIRE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in interaction with management and Board
- Public company experience
- HR experience in biotech industry
- Well versed in compensation practices and structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, practices, and current employment laws.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with sound business objectives