Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company located in South San Francisco. Harpoon Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company developing a novel class of T cell engagers that harness the power of the body’s immune system to treat patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. T cell engagers are engineered proteins that direct a patient’s own T cells to kill target cells that express specific proteins, or antigens, carried by the target cells. Using its proprietary Tri-specific T cell Activating Construct (TriTAC®) platform, Harpoon is developing a pipeline of novel TriTACs initially focused on the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. HPN217 targets BCMA and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for relapsed, refractory multiple myeloma. HPN328 targets DLL3 and is in a Phase 1/2 trial for small cell lung cancer and other DLL3-associated tumors. HPN536 targets mesothelin and is in a Phase 1/2a trial for cancers expressing mesothelin, initially focused on ovarian and pancreatic cancers. Harpoon has also developed a proprietary ProTriTAC™ platform, which applies a prodrug concept to its TriTAC platform to create a therapeutic T cell engager that remains inactive until it reaches the tumor. The company’s third proprietary technology platform, extended release TriTAC-XR, is designed to mitigate cytokine release syndrome. Harpoon is led by an experienced management team. The company emphasizes a collegial, collaborative environment and has a strong record of scientific innovation, pioneering protein engineering, expertise in tumor immunology and pre-clinical and clinical research. For additional information about Harpoon Therapeutics, please visit www.harpoontx.com.
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of the accounting team and will manage the accounting close process. Responsible for meeting deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting. In addition to daily and monthly responsibilities, the Accounting Manager assists with setting and maintaining accounting policies for the assigned areas and execution and creation of new processes to support efficiencies. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP and SOX regulations, while maintains a high level of integrity. The candidate should be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and growing environment as well as comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing activities by preparing, reviewing, verifying, and approving accurate journal entries for all GL areas including cash, investments, prepaids, fixed assets, R&D accruals (i.e. CMC & Research), and Accrued expenses (i.e. consultants, vacation, bonus, personnel costs, etc.). Ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting standards, future SOX compliance, and internal accounting policies
- Assist with other accounting operation function(s), including the review of contracts, payroll processing, property tax, Delaware Franchise tax and other business compliances
- Manage Senior AP Accountant and ensure that purchase orders and invoices are booked appropriately and reflect correct GL accounts, project coding, etc.
- Prepare/review general ledger account reconciliations
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of quarterly reviews and annual audit ensuring that all deliverables are met
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and strengthening of internal controls and drive implementation of recommendations
- Other Finance projects and ad-hoc reporting
- BS degree with 6 + years of progressive accounting experience, including a fast-growing start-up or publicly traded company.
- Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- CPA Preferred
- Attention to detail, an internal control mindset, and the highest degree of integrity.
- Strong work ethic, high level of dependability and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- An ability to communicate with internal & external business partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently
- Systems savvy and experienced preferably in NetSuite & Coupa
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel, Outlook